Do you ever feel like you could go FASTER? Well now you can! Casco Bay Gentlemen’s own Roc This will be leading a 2-hour speed skating skills clinic!
See the Facebook Event
Explain body mechanics to take a skater from good to BETTER. Perform steps/crossovers that are effective and powerful. Minimize effort to conserve energy and increase effectiveness. Learn body position for balance and breathing.
This will be an informative course to relate how speed skating and roller derby coincide to assist a skater in becoming more effective, efficient, & more useful to your derby team/club. Performance by each skater will be expected.
The overall goal is to give you the information and practical experience to take your skating to the next level. From there it will be Practice, Practice, Practice.
Essentials of the course will include: Proper warm-up, stretching, body position & mechanics, stepping & crossovers, starting techniques, and nutritional needs.
ABOUT KERRY C. / ROC THIS:
– Competitive Speed Skating since 1968
– 5-time National Speed Champion (quads)
– National Placements since 2002 (quads)
– Indoor and Outdoor Inline Competitor (marathon-length racing)
– 2-time Gold Medal Defi L’lle de Montreal (79.5 mile Ultra-marathon)
– Competitor/Coach in Speed and Hockey
– Your derby gear (helmet, knee-elbow-wrist pads, mouthguard, skates!)
– Fluids for hydration
– Nutritional supplements (Powerbars, trailmix, etc.)
– An open an good attitude.
– Appropriate wheels. Floor is grippy and will hold for harder wheels.
– Any current member or official in a roller derby league (male or female) that is age 18+
– Any current skater with Derby Lite who is/has enrolled in an Intermediate class or higher that is age 18+
– Anyone of any age or experience level can observe off-skates
HOW TO REGISTER / PAYMENT:
– There are 50 on-skates spaces available
– $10 for on-skates participation
– $5.00 for off-skates participation
Happy Wheels Skate Center, 331 Warren Ave, Portland, Maine 04103
Payment via PayPal:
Please pay and register with your FULL REAL NAME (First and Last) and your League and Skater Name (optional) via PayPal by sending money “to friends and family” to this email:
Payment via Cash:
Cash payments on the day of the event will only be permitted if there are available spots day-of the event.